Changing DPI, or Dots Per Inch, on a photo could be hard for a few folks. Using different converters for format change is the way to go! Some are simple plug-and-click applications that have no frills. In contrast, others are intricate programs that allow several types of photo editing. So, do DPI converters really work?
Changing DPI with a DPI Converter is definitely worth it if you do not have access to a photo editing software with DPI changing capabilities.
People understand that DPI is the amount of the pixels in the photo, but when it comes to resizing for use, they could run into several issues they didn’t expect. So read on and learn everything you need to know about DPI converters and if they work.
How do DPI Converters work?
Dots Per Inch doesn’t have any impact on the resolution of photos. You are changing the number of pixels used to render the image. People are most worried about the resolution or how the picture looks. If your page has blurry images or photos that are not the correct size, people won’t get your message or enjoy your family photos.
The way that DPI converters work are:
- Image – The first thing you should do is upload the image to whatever app, we will get to that, you are using. The picture should be clear and crisp, as DPI does not impact resolution or size. During the uploading, you will be led into the next stage of the process, Parameters.
- Parameters – The most crucial part of the process is setting your parameters. A parameter is a rule the image must abide by during conversion. You can pick the size of the DPI image. Pay close attention, as setting the parameter incorrectly will ruin your print job.
- Click – Some converters are so easy that once you have your DPI parameters set, you just need to click the start button. The application will only take a couple of seconds to process, and once it does, you can move on to download.
- Downloading – The last step is often a download. Once your image is done, a window will pop up that asks for a landing destination. Choose a spot you will remember when downloading, as losing the file could be a significant headache.
Once your image is ready for print, it will have a crisp image when it hits the page. However, printing and viewing images should not be confused. The printing process requires ink on the page, and if your photo isn’t converted to the correct DPI, it will be a small image or so blurry you won’t be able to see it.
Apps to Convert DPI
Choosing apps to convert to DPI is an important process. If you select one with no-frills, it could not present a clear image. On the other hand, if there is another option that professionals use, the interface could be challenging to learn or take hours to master.
1. Online DPI Converter is a Great Option for all Skills
Online DPI Converter is an excellent place for people looking to convert their image files to a specific DPI. The site is straightforward enough for people with decent computer skills to navigate. However, the site does collect your information which could lead to tons of marketing and unwanted emails.
The steps for using the Online DPI Converter are:
- Add the Image – Choose the image you want to decode from your desktop. You can drag it into the box at the top of the screen, and it will upload. You can also choose the old-fashioned route by selecting its destination from the drop-down menus.
- Set Size – Next, you can choose the size you would like the image decoded. They have several to choose from, and checking to see if you have the correct size could take a few attempts.
- Click Convert – Now that all your sizes are set, you just have to click convert. Once the button is clicked, the download bar will appear. The file will appear in the chosen destination and be ready for you to use.
Some of the best converter apps work the easiest because they save you time. Time saved on projects equals more time on other jobs. More jobs mean more money and success for you or your business.
2. Convert Town has an Easy to Use DPI Converter.
One of the most simple converters out there is at Convert Town. The website is sparse, with only a description of the metadata process and how it applies to the application. Sites that are this simple are hard to mess up. Lean into easy fixes when you are in a rush.
The steps to use the Convert Town DPI Converter are:
- Choose Size – The size is the first option to choose with this converter. Remember to check with your printer or the client to choose the needed size. Conversions this simple only can be run a few times but make sure to do it right the first time.
- Click the Button – A big green button beneath the scale will have a command populated on the inside. Click it, and the download box will appear. Once the box disappears, the image will be in the chosen spot.
Convert Town is another easy-to-use site that makes converting a snap. You get the image decoded to the size and DPI you need, and you will also get a brisk but in-depth description of how DPIs work.
DPI converters work well for changing the dots per inch in the images on your computer. Often when images are moved from the internet, the file will need to be changed in order to print correctly or display on a screen.
Always ensure that you have parameters set and all your images sized before decoding. While the sites are a breeze to use, you must understand that having multiple files will make your selection process much harder when it comes time to publish.