When it comes to social media marketing, one of the most important aspects is creating visually appealing posts. This is especially true for Instagram, where users are constantly scrolling through beautiful images and videos. If you’re a graphic designer new to social media marketing, you may be wondering how much you should charge for Instagram post design.
You should charge between $25 and $100 per hour for graphic design and ad copy work. The amount you land on, of course, depends on various factors, including your experience, the time it takes to create the design, and the project’s complexity.
Graphic designers create Instagram posts for a living, so they know the ins and outs of the platform and how to produce content that performs well. If you’re just starting out or don’t have much experience with Instagram marketing, then it’s understandable that you would charge less than someone who’s been in the game for longer. To give you an idea of how much you should charge in your situation, we’ve put together a quick guide. Read on to learn more!
What Determines How Much Graphic Designers Charge for Social Media Posts?
When it comes to social media posts, the median hourly rate for graphic designers is around $25. However, as we mentioned before, there are several factors that can affect how much you ultimately land on.
There are several things that determine how much graphic designers charge for social media/Instagram posts, including the time it takes, your determined hourly or flat rate, your experience, the client’s budget, and how much work is involved in the project.
- The time it takes to create the design: If a project is complex and takes several hours to complete, you’ll likely be able to charge more than if it’s something simple that can be done in a shorter amount of time.
- Your experience: Obviously, those with more experience will be able to command a higher hourly rate than someone who’s just starting out. If you’re new to the world of social media marketing, it’s okay to start at the lower end of the spectrum and work your way up as you gain more experience.
- The client’s budget: While you shouldn’t always base your prices on what a client is willing to pay, it is something to keep in mind. If a potential client has a limited budget, you may need to adjust your rates accordingly.
- Hourly rate vs. flat rate: When it comes to social media posts, you can either charge an hourly rate or a flat fee. An hourly rate is just what it sounds like – you charge X amount per hour for your services. A flat rate, on the other hand, is a set price for the entire project.
- The breadth of the project: In some cases, you may be hired to design an Instagram post and come up with the concept and copy. If this is the case, you should charge more than if you’re just creating the design.
As you can see, there are many things to consider when determining how much to charge for an Instagram post design.
How Much Should You Charge if You’re Just Starting Out?
If you’re new to the world of social media marketing, you may be wondering how much you should charge for an Instagram post design. While your experience level does play a role in how much you can charge, it’s not the only factor to consider.
Those who are just starting out should charge between $25 and $50 per hour. Of course, this will vary depending on the factors we mentioned before, but it’s a good place to start.
According to Upwork, graphic designers charge rates anywhere between $15 and $100, with the average rate at around $25. Keep in mind that you don’t have to stick to this range if you’re not comfortable with it. If you feel like you’re worth more, then go ahead and charge what you think is fair. The most important thing is that you’re comfortable with your rates and feel confident in your skills.
If you have a few years of experience under your belt, you can start charging more for your services. On average, those with 2-3 years of experience charge $35-$100 per hour, while those with 4-5 years of experience charge $40-$120 per hour.
Of course, your rates will also depend on the other factors we mentioned earlier. If you’re working on a complex project that requires a lot of time and effort, you can charge on the higher end of the spectrum. However, if it’s a simple design that can be completed quickly, you may want to charge on the lower end.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide how much to charge for an Instagram post design. Just make sure that you’re taking all of the factors into consideration and setting a rate that you’re comfortable with.
Utilizing Templates to Save Time and Money
As we mentioned before, the amount of time it takes to complete a project is one of the main things that will affect your rates. If you’re able to design a post quickly, then you can charge less than if it takes you several hours to complete.
One way to speed up the design process is by using templates. Sites like Placeit offer a wide variety of social media templates that you can use to create stunning designs in minutes. And the best part is that they offer both free and premium options, so you can find a template that fits your budget.
If you’re working with a client with a limited budget, using a template is a great way to keep your rates low while still delivering high-quality work.
As a graphic designer working on social media marketing, one of the most important things to consider is how much to charge for an Instagram post design. While there’s no right or wrong answer, you should keep a few things in mind when setting your rates, including your experience, time, and whether you’re charging an hourly rate or flat fee.