Designing logos and high-end graphic designs can be tricky. If you use Affinity Designer, creating a logo can be easier or even a less complicated process. However, you may be wondering how to add clip art to Affinity Designer?
To add Clip Art to Affinity Designer, follow these steps:
- Download the clip art and then unzip the folder
- Files will be ready to go and in a PNG format
- Open all files you want to use with the Affinity Designer
- Move files to the main screen you are wanting to use by using copy and paste
You may be wondering where you can get clip art to download for use and how you can use the clipping mask feature in the Affinity Design space as well.
Using Clip Art in Affinity Design
With Affinity Design, you can create a logo, graphics, and even create patterns for personal use or for business. Affinity Designer allows the creator to make a wide range of products with the designs they either create themselves or with images, or clip art, that others have created.
But where do you find the clip arts for use on Affinity Design?
Clip art for use on Affinity Designer can be found on several websites and programs. These locations can be from:
Not only can you use clip art in Affinity Designer, but some other edits and add-ins can be used as well. You can use clip art for creating patterns as well. There are YouTube videos available like this one from East Coast Charm that offers step-by-step instructions for creating clip art patterns.
Using SVG Files in Affinity Design
It is possible and preferable for your clip art files to be SVG and for your project to be saved as an SVG file. There are ways to create and save an SVG file to use in Affinity Design.
When saving or using SVG files with your Affinity Design, these files are easier to edit and keep the quality of the image you are using.
Creating a vector SVG file can help you learn how to create an SVG-type file. There are also other clip art files that can be used as an SVG file for your designs. Not only can you create your own but you can also use other clip arts to be added as a background to an image you have created.
To create an SVG vector file in Affinity Design you will need to:
- Create the document in the Affinity software
- Add a Pixel Layer
- Draw out a triangle using the “Triangle Tool” from the “Shapes Menu”
- Duplicate the triangle for repositioning
- Then duplicate and rotate
- Make a compound path that is found in the “Layer Menu”
To save it as an SVG file, you will need to locate the “File” option and select “Export”. There will be an option for file formats. After locating the option for the SVG file, you will choose “Preset SVG” and then “Export”. The files should then be saved as an SVG file for later use.
Clipping Mask in Affinity Designer
A clipping mask is another great function that can be done when using Affinity Designer. This tool can create a boundary within the design that will take the shape of a text without damaging the quality and outcome of your design.
Using a clipping mask can help enhance your design and you fill objects with photos. A clipping mask is great to use when wanting something to take the shape of your design without altering how it is made.
To use the clipping mask feature, you will:
- Identify the image you want to create the clipping mask for and the image you wish to be involved
- Place the object that is used as a clipping mask over the object or image you want to clip
- Navigate to the layers menu and ensure the image is correctly placed
- Click and drag the bottom layer on the layer that is on the top, making sure the image you want is taking the shape of the other
Now you know everything about adding clip art to Affinity Designer.
With Affinity Designer, different concepts can be used. However, the main question is whether or not you can use clip art in your design while using this program. Affinity Designer has features that allow you to use different clip arts by downloading and opening any files that are zipped.
There are also features such as clipping masks that can help with editing your design with any clip art you have included. Watching videos while you are trying to add clip art and using the clipping mask can help you understand where to find everything.