Canva is a relatively very easy-to-use software to make your own custom designs. Graphic design can be a huge struggle for many content creators as most graphic design software are quite complicated to use. However, Canva has been a game changer in all of this. Although there are many tools and features to master, they are not hard to learn. You must have lingered here as you may need help with one of these features: how to add a text box in Canva.
Adding a basic text box on Canva is quite simple. You can click on the “Text” tab on the side menu on the left and choose a body of text to go along with the text box that you want. You can customize the text and change the alignment of the text box.
We all want to become proficient in all the tools of the skills and software that we are interested in. This article will guide you on how you can use these tools in Canva, such as adding a text box in Canva, customizing it, learning its extra features, and using it the way it suits you.
How Can I Add a Text Box?
Whether it is a poster design, social media post, standee, logo, or many other designs, adding a text box to your design is almost always needed. You can add it on your computer as well as from your mobile Canva app.
To add a text box from your computer:
- Click on the “Text” tab on the editor side panel on the left of your screen.
- This will show a list of font styles and sizes of text that you can use.
- There will be three options for adding the text, “Add a heading,” “Add a subheading,” and “Add a little bit of body text.”
You can use either of these three according to the type of text you want to insert into your design. There will be a list of graphic text boxes too, and you can choose any of those.
Alternatively, you can also press T on your keyboard to insert a text box to your design, which is a good quick shortcut. You can edit that according to your desired size and font. The following youtube tutorial may further clarify the steps better:
To add a text box from your mobile phone:
- Access the Canva app.
- You can tap the “+” button on the bottom corner of the editor panel and then press the “T Text” button.
- You can find it in the “more” panel if it is not visible on your mobile version.
- Just like on the computer, you can select the type of body text from the heading, subheading, graphic text boxes, or plain text.
After creating the text box, you can customize it by editing the font size, style, and alignment and adding any effects that you want on the text.
Canva is famous for being one of the easiest design software while still having all the necessary features. Adding a text box is just as easy from all of these features, and it comes with various custom options too.