Animations give your illustrations eye-catching movements that make them more creative. Clip Studio Paint Pro has numerous features that provide tools for 2D animation, including timeline placement, camera work, and audio effects. So, how can you animate in Clip Studio Paint Pro?
You can animate in Clip Studio Paint Pro following a simple process. You must begin by dividing the parts, drawing closed eyes, inbetweening, and checking the motion. These animations can easily be exported as GIFs or cells.
Continue reading to learn how to animate in Clip Studio Paint Pro in detail!
Animating in Clip Studio Paint Pro
The following steps will detail how you can animate an illustration:
1. Begin by going to ‘file’ and selecting ‘new.’ Press the red icon in the ‘use of work’ panel. Here, make your required changes, like the size and resolution.
2. Next, select ‘animation,’ go to ‘show animation cells,’ and ‘enable onion skin.’ This will make the animation easier.
3. To change the onion skin colors or the number of frames, go to ‘animation,’ ‘show animation cells,’ and ‘onion skin settings.’
4. Then, illustrate a ball that falls over numerous cell sequences. Remember to give every animation cell or folder a frame before making drawings. Right-click and select a cell. You can also click on ‘new animation cell’ to choose your animation cell’s frame.
5. Next, select ‘enable light table’ to press on ‘light table specific.’ This is helpful for referring to keyframes and references to ensure consistency in your animations.
6. To flip between specific frames, move each layer to the ‘light table sections’.
7. Next, select “Remove specified cells” to remove certain cells from the animation, which is helpful in editing because the cells do not actually get deleted.
8. To alter the frame’s duration, click and drag one of its sides. Not doing this will result in the backdrop and paper layers becoming translucent.
9. The blue lines need alteration. These highlight the beginning and end of the part you want to play. To repeat the animation, you can use the ‘loop play’ tool.
10. Lastly, create a new animation folder and place it above your draft animation to hold the finished edits.
Having made your animation, it is essential to export it correctly.
Exporting an Animation in Clip Studio Paint Pro
To export your animation, save it as a ‘.avi’ file if made using Windows software or a ‘.mov’ file if made using Mac software. It will only export the portions that fall between the blue lines.
This video explains the steps above:
Although you can export your animation as a GIF as well, its colors will be narrowed down to 256 colors in every frame. This will reduce the overall quality of your animation.
Clip Studio Paint Pro is a popular software for creating 2D animations. It allows you to make animations quickly following the abovementioned steps and provides different ways of exporting them.