Canva is an online graphic design tool famous for its wide range of free design elements and easy sharing options. Canva gives users the option to connect their accounts to Google Drive, making sharing and exporting even easier. However, users sometimes choose to disconnect their Canva accounts from their Google Drives for one reason or another. How can you do this?
You can disconnect your Canva account from your Google Drive through your Canva account settings. This is possible on both web browsers and the Canva mobile app. However, if you signed up for Canva through a Google account, you’ll need to create a unique username and password before disconnecting.
Below, we will discuss everything you need to know about disconnecting Google Drive from your Canva account. Keep reading to learn more!
How Do I Disconnect My Canva Account from Google Drive?
There are many benefits of connecting your Canva account to your Google Drive. However, if you’ve recently changed your Google email address or started a new Canva account through your company, you may be wondering how you can disconnect the two accounts.
Whether you’re using a computer or mobile device, disconnecting your Canva account from Google Drive is easy. Below, we will discuss the process for doing each.
How to Disconnect Canva from Google Drive on a Web Browser
Disconnecting Canva from your Google Drive on your computer is a bit different than doing so on mobile. To complete the disconnection process, follow the steps below:
- Open Canva on your preferred web browser.
- On the Canva homepage, click the gear icon in the upper right corner to access your account settings.
- Scroll down to “Connected Social Accounts.”
- Find the Google Drive icon, then press “Disconnect.”
If you signed up for Canva using your Google account instead of creating a username and password, you will need to do so before you can successfully disconnect.
How to Disconnect Canva from Google Drive on a Mobile Device
If you primarily use Canva to create designs on the go, you probably use their mobile app to do so. To disconnect your Google Drive from the Canva app, follow these steps:
- Open the Canva app.
- Tap the Menu tab on the home screen.
- Choose “Settings,” then “Your Account.”
- Scroll to “Connected Social Accounts,” then find Google Drive.
- Press the “Disconnect” button next to the Google Drive icon.
After completing the steps above, you’ll have successfully disconnected your Google Drive from your Canva account.
What Are the Benefits of Connecting Canva to Google Drive?
Many dedicated Canva users choose to connect their accounts to Google Drive to expedite the design process. With a free Canva account, you can connect to one Google Drive. However, if you sign up for a premium subscription, you can connect to multiple Google Drives. Premium subscription tiers include:
- Canva Pro
- Canva for Teams
- Canva for Education
- Canva for Nonprofit Organizations
After connecting your account to Google Drive, you’ll be able to instantly upload any graphics saved to your Drive directly to the Canva design screen. There’s no need to open Google Drive, download your graphics, then upload them to Canva — the integration does all the hard work for you!
Connecting these two accounts will also allow you to save your finished designs directly to your Google Drive. This is especially useful for anyone who wants to share their final designs with coworkers or clients easily.
How Do I Connect Google Drive to Canva?
If you disconnected your old Google Drive from Canva to make room for a new one, or if you’re setting up a new Canva account, you may have another question — “how do I connect a new Google Drive to Canva?”
While the process of connecting a Google Drive to Canva does require a few extra steps, it’s still relatively simple. Just follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the Canva design screen. You can choose to open one of your in-progress designs, or you can open a new template altogether.
- Press “More” at the bottom of the side panel. The icon has three horizontal dots.
- Scroll down to “Import Your Media” and select the Google Drive icon.
- Press “Connect” on the next screen.
- Choose the Google account you want to connect to, or sign into a new account.
- Press “Allow.”
You will not be brought back to the original design screen. Here, you’ll now see a Google Drive icon and all the compatible files you can use as design elements. Simply select the one you want to add to your graphic, and it’ll appear instantly on the design.
How to Save Canva Designs on Google Drive
Apart from easily importing design elements, the biggest benefit of connecting your Google Drive to your Canva account is easy saving and sharing. Connecting these two accounts allows you to export finished designs directly to your Google Drive, allowing you to access your designs on any device you log into Google with.
After you finish creating a design, follow the steps below to export it to your connected Google Drive:
- From the Canva design screen, press the “Share” button in the top right corner.
- Choose “More” at the bottom of the pop-up screen.
- Scroll to “Save,” then choose Google Drive.
- Choose which folder, if any, you want to save your design to. Then, select “Choose.”
- Select the file type you’d like to export your design as, then press “Save.”
After the file finishes exporting, press “View in Google Drive” to go to your Drive and adjust the sharing permissions.
Connecting your Google Drive to your Canva account makes importing design elements and sharing finished designs easier than ever. But, if you ever decide you want to unlink the two accounts, the process is relatively simple.
You can disconnect Canva from Google Drive on the Canva website or mobile app via the account settings screen. If you created your Canva account through your Google account, however, you will need to choose a dedicated username and password before officially disconnecting.