PicMonkey is an online tool that allows you to draw and create graphics for a number of social media websites using quick editing tools that are accessible for everyone. The website makes it easy for anyone to design amazing posts, especially for companies and brands. However, you may need clarification on how their drawing tools work.
The Draw tool is available on PicMonkey, allowing you to annotate and add graphical elements onto images. The tool allows you to use various brushes, adjust stroke size and appearance, and even create a stamp! All of these elements can be used in different ways to create interesting images on the app.
While this is not the most extensive drawing tool available, using the draw tool on PicMonkey can allow you to create unique social media images and posts. This is why, in this article, we will be taking a look at all the different ways that you can use the Draw tools on PicMonkey, and how they can help elevate the images you create!
Drawing On PicMonkey
When you want to create fun drawings on images, the best way to do so is to use the app known as PicMonkey. This is because they have a Draw tool, which you can access directly from the main menu. This way, you can freehand draw whatever you like on images. The app also has a number of built-in brushes, which help you create different drawing styles.
For users on the Basic subscriber plan, the available drawing tools include the following:
- Pencil tool
- Paint brush tool
- Circle brush tool
- Spray paint tool
However, if you are either a Pro or a Business subscriber, you can access more tools with a bunch of other stylistic options to choose from. This gives you more range if you want to create interesting drawings on the app. In fact, here is a video showing you how you can use this tool to make instantly unique Instagram photos:
Using The Draw Tool
Now that you are aware of the basics, let’s take a look at the different ways that you can use the draw tool and how to edit and change the brushes you use. To get started, you will need to follow these instructions:
- Open the PicMonkey website, or use the mobile phone app.
- From the Tool menu on the left, choose the Draw tool. This is depicted by a pencil.
- Choose the brush you want to use, and select the color that works best for you..
- Select the size of the stroke, the strength, and how hard the brush should be.
- Make the drawings or sketches you want to the image.
- When you are happy with the results, click Apply to save the drawing.
With this done, you will now have a sketch on your drawing! Keep in mind that once you make a drawing, it by default becomes a different layer. This comes in handy if you want to duplicate the drawing, or if you feel like you need to move it around or resize it.
Tips On Adjusting The Brush On PicMonkey
When using brushes on PicMonkey, you have to consider that the lines and sketches you make cannot be adjusted once you make them. So, it is important to have the right brush settings beforehand. Let’s explore some basic brush settings and how they can impact the drawing style you are going for.
- Size: this changes the stroke size of the brush.
- Hardness: impacts how soft or hard the brush is. The harder the brush, the more sharp and harsh the edge of the brush will be.
- Strength: this setting will change the pressure of the brush on the canvas, and impact the opacity.
- Rotation: you can use this setting to reorient brushes that aren’t round.
- Spacing: this setting allows you to create space between the individual brush strokes, which is a great way to create a stamp.
As you can see, using the right settings will change the outlook of your final image.
PicMonkey is an excellent resource for quick and easy image editing, and having a drawing tool allows you to edit images and give them a personal touch. Remember to explore the brush adjustment tools in PicMonkey so you can have the best possible outcome from your brand-new drawing project!