Artwork is only complete with a background that completely complements it. There may be a lot of confusion for beginners regarding how this can be done.
After selecting the preferred area you want to fill, go to the Fill Color Swatch option, open the Color Picker, and choose the Color you want to apply to your background. You may also select the area you want to fill, go to the Windows panel, and choose the Color.
To learn other methods, continue reading the article.
Why Is Filling The Background Of An Illustration Important?
Filling in the background of an illustration in Adobe Illustrator is important because it provides a clean, professional look to the artwork. It also helps to ensure that all design elements are visible and that any artwork created for printing will look its best.
It also helps to frame the artwork, providing a clean edge around any elements that may be positioned close to the edge of the canvas. Additionally, it will make it easier to identify any elements that are overlapping or out of place.
How To Fill The Background With Color In Illustrator?
- Select the object or area you want to fill.
- Click the Fill color swatch in the Tools panel to open the Color Picker.
- Select the desired Color from the Color Picker.
- To apply the Color, click OK.
- Use the Color panel or the Color Guide panel to adjust the Color.
For more information, go to this video:
How To Change The Background Color Of Objects In Illustrator?
Once you have filled in the background color, you can change and switch your art. The process is similar to filling the background, but the instructions below provide more clarity. These instructions also allow you to change the background color of certain objects.
- Select the object you wish to change the background color of. If you want to change the background color of the entire canvas, draw a big rectangle using the Selection Tool.
- Go to the Window menu and select Color.
- Select the Fill option and choose the color you wish to use.
- The background color of your object will now be changed.
How To Fill The Background By Changing The Color Of The Artboard In Illustrator?
The Artboard is the foundation of any design made in Illustrator; it is the blank base on which everything is added. Multiple artboards can be added, moved around, stacked on top of each other, and overlapped to aid in design. Artboards are white by default. Changing the Color of your artboards can be an easy way to fill the background color of your design. Follow the instructions below to achieve that.
- Select the Artboard Tool from the Tools panel.
- Select the Artboard you want to change the Color of.
- Click the Fill Color icon in the Control panel.
- Choose the Color you want to use for the Artboard.
- Click OK.
How To Fill A Layer In Illustrator?
Complex artworks can have multiple layers. Each layer serves its purpose. If you wish to fill a layer with Color or change the Color of a specific layer, you should take the following instructions.
- Select the layer you want to fill in the Layers panel.
- Select the shape or object you want to fill in the Tools panel.
- Click the “Fill” button in the Tools panel.
- Select the Color you want to use for the fill.
- Click anywhere on the Artboard to apply the fill.
How To Fill An Area In Illustrator Using The Pen Tool?
The Pen Tool is the most versatile and useful option in Illustrator and Photoshop. This tool allows artists to exert much more control over the art they are creating. The pen tool allows you to fill Color in certain areas. This is a great way to fill in your background. You can choose different colors for different background parts and add a unique touch to your art. Follow the instructions below to help you stand out from the crowd.
- Select the Pen tool from the Toolbox.
- Click at the starting point of an area you want to fill.
- Click at the ending point of the area.
- Click and drag to create curved lines connecting the starting and ending points.
- When you have created the outline of the area you want to fill, go to the Toolbox and select the Paint Bucket tool.
- Click anywhere within your outline to fill the area with the desired Color.
This article has provided five different ways to fill the background in Illustrator. The methods serve other purposes but get the job done. Find out which works best for you, and you will be an expert at intricately filling backgrounds in no time.