As an artist, you may be all too familiar with the feeling that a little change can completely turn your work into a masterpiece. It is normal to feel like positioning can change to make it better – perhaps you are wondering if the result would look better if you flip one or more of the layers.
You can flip a layer or a group of layers on Clip Studio Paint by selecting the layers that you want to adjust and then using the handy Transform tool. You can then choose to flip them along the horizontal or vertical axis, depending on what your vision is for the project.
One of the greatest joys of digital art is that you can easily change things with just a few clicks. So, if you are wondering if there is a little adjustment you can make but aren’t sure how to make it happen, read on to learn about flipping layers in Clip Studio Paint! Let’s get started.
How to Flip A Layer in Clip Studio Paint
When you want to revamp your work and make it stand out, flipping a layer or two can make a huge difference to the project’s outlook.
Luckily, you can make this happen in just about three steps, so keep reading this section for a detailed explainer on how to flip layers or a single layer in Clip Studio Paint! Luckily, it is a relatively easy process that anyone can follow!
Select The Layer (Or Layers) You Want To Flip
The first thing you want to do is to open up the file in Clip Studio paint and then choose the layer or layers that you will want to flip. Here’s how to do this:
- Open up the project you want to edit in Clip Studio Paint.
- Select the layer in question – it will become highlighted.
- Select multiple layers by clicking the checkmark next to each.
- Alternatively, you can also hold down Command or Control and select layers.
You will now have the layers in question selected. Make sure they are the right ones before proceeding towards the next step!
Use The Transform Tool On The Layers
With the previous step done, you have the layers you want to change selected. Now it is time to use the Transform tool! There are two ways of making this happen:
- Go to the Edit Menu, and then scroll to the bottom until you find the option ‘Transformation.’
Alternatively, you can try this process:
- Click on the icon for the Transform tool in the toolbar at the top of Clip Studio Paint.
- Open up the Tool Property menu, where you can see many options.
- Select the square icon that includes ‘Scale/Rotate’ in the label of the icon.
- Now, you will be able to select the Transformation settings you like!
Choose The Horizontal Or Vertical Flip
Once you have the right transformation properties available, it is time actually to do the flipping! To make this happen, follow the steps listed out below for the first method above:
- Once you have the Transform button from the edit menu, you will be able to see Transform options.
- From here, select to either flip the layer or layers on a horizontal or vertical axis.
- The layer or layers will automatically be flipped based on your settings.
On the other hand, if you used the second method, you will need to follow these steps:
- The Tool Property menu will now be available if you open the toolbar icon.
- Select the option to either flip your selections on the basis of the horizontal or vertical axis, depending on your preferences.
Once you are happy with your selection, you can now confirm the changes you have made, and enjoy the transformation of a layer or multiple!
This is an excellent way to adjust your work and is one of the ways digital creations can be extremely fun to manipulate.
So there you have it! You now know how to flip any layer on Clip Studio Paint and can even apply the same effect when you are using multiple layers. This process may seem complicated at first, but with a little bit of practice, you should be flipping layers within seconds in no time!
Remember always to save your results so you don’t lose important work, and keep in mind you can always get back to the original placement of the work by flipping the layers back!