There are a lot of different word count tools out there, but when it comes to Canva, things can be a little tricky. In this blog post, we will discuss four methods for getting the word count on your Canva projects. Whether you are creating a flyer, poster, or social media graphic, knowing the word count is important!
In this post, we will cover four different ways to get word count from your Canva project. Keep reading to learn just how you can use Canva and get a word count. Let’s get started!
Can You Get A Word Count On Canva?
You cannot get an automatic word count on Canva, however, there are a few ways that you can get a word count. The methods are a bit tedious, but they will give you an accurate word count for your Canva project.
If you are working on a design in Canva and need to know the word count, you can:
- Download a browser extension for word count – Download a browser extension to your browser so all you need to do is press one button to get the word count and avoid all the copying and pasting.
- Take a copy of your design and paste it into an online word counter – If you don’t want to type out your whole design, you can take a copy of it (by selecting everything and copying it) and then paste it into an online processing program. The word count might not be completely accurate, but it should give you a general idea.
- Type out your design in a word processing program – Another option is to type out your Canva design in a word processing program first and then use the word count feature. After you have the word count you can transfer everything to Canva.
- Use the built-in word counter in your word processing program – If you are using Canva to create a design that will be exported as a PDF, you can use the word counter in your word processing program (like Microsoft Word) to get a word count. Simply copy and paste your design.
These are the main ways to get a word count on Canva because Canva does not have that feature itself. And now we will go a bit more in-depth into each one of the features you can use to get a word count on your Canva project.
1. Using a Browser Extension
The easiest way to get word count on your Canva projects will be to download a browser extension for word count. You can use Word Count Tool on Chrome and Firefox. And all you need to do is download and install this word counter.
The word count tool works in a straightforward manner, all you need to do is select the text you need to count and then click the extension. The word count will be displayed in a small pop-up window.
Using a browser extension is the best way to count words on a Canva project because you do not need to copy and paste, like with the other options.
2. Using Microsoft Word’s Word Count Feature
In addition to adding a browser extension, you can also use Microsoft Word to get word count on Canva. First, you need to copy and paste your Canva text into a Word document. Then, go to the Review tab and click on the word count feature under Proofing.
The word count will be displayed in a small pop-up window. This way, you can see how many words are in your Canva project and make sure that you are within the word limit.
This way is a bit more complicated as it involves copying and pasting all the existing text into one document. But it may be the best option for you especially if you do not want to download a new extension. And this option is great if you already have Microsoft Word downloaded.
3. Using An Online Word Counter
If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can use an online word counter. This is easy to find, use a simple google search. There are many free word counter websites available online. However, you will have to copy and paste all the text into the page to get an accurate count.
One that we recommend is WordCounter.Net. This is a straightforward, easy-to-use tool for counting words. To use it you just must copy and paste your words into the page’s counter.
If WordCounter.Net is not for you, you can try EasyWordCount.Com. Easy Word Count allows you to copy and paste or type directly into the browser for quick and easy results.
Word Count is another great option. Go to wordcount.com to use this easy, free tool to get the word count on your next Canva project.
Finally, there is Word Count Tool. To use this tool, you simply copy and paste your words into the box on the page. Go to wordcountool.com for a simply designed word counter that is easy to use.
All of these options are great, and it comes down to personal preference for these user-friendly facades.
4. Using Google Docs’ Word Count Feature
Another option is to use Google Docs word count feature. This is located in the “Tools” drop-down menu. From there, you can select “Word Count.”
This will give you a pop-up window with the number of words, characters, and pages in your document. You can also choose to see a word frequency count which can be helpful.
No matter which word counter you choose, they can all be helpful in different ways. The most important thing is to find one that works well for you!
In Summary: You Can Get A Word Count For Canva Projects
Canva is a great design tool but knowing the word count for your project is essential. By following one of the methods above, you can get an accurate word count for your next Canva project. Do you have a preferred method? Let us know in the comments below.