Is everything scrambled up in your design? Are you worried the overlapping of elements is making your design look cluttered? This may be a good time to explore the transparency feature, especially the tool which helps make the background transparent.
To make a background transparent, select the background layer, and click the checkerboard icon. Drag the slider to the far left or the zero point. Your background will disappear.
In this article, we look at the benefits of a transparent background and some Canva Pro features which make accomplishing the task much easier. Continue reading to find out more.
Why Are Transparent Backgrounds Useful In Digital Design?
Transparent backgrounds allow designers to layer multiple elements and create a more visually appealing composition. They also make integrating photos and graphics into designs easier, as they provide a clean, seamless look.
Additionally, transparent backgrounds can create the illusion of depth and dimension, making a design look more professional and polished.
How To Turn A Background Transparent By Reducing Opacity In Canva?
Do you have multiple elements layered on top of your background? It may be a good idea to remove the background or make it slightly faded to draw emphasis on the elements or text. To do so:
- Select the Background layer in Canva.
- On the panel that shows up on top, click the checkerboard icon.
- Drag the slider towards the left or the 0.
- Drag it as far away as you wish.
- For a transparent background, drag it to 0.
- Adjust as you like and save the design.
How To Make An Object Transparent In Canva?
Similar to fading away or making a transparent background, you may do it with objects. This is done to give a certain effect to the design. Follow the steps below to achieve this.
- Select the object that you want to fade away.
- On the top panel, look for the checkerboard icon.
- Click on the icon, and a slider will appear. It goes from 0-100.
- Move it towards the left to reduce the opacity of the object.
- You can toggle this around until you are satisfied.
For help, watch this:
How To Make A Design With A Transparent Background In Canva Pro
You can make your own design with no background. This could add on top of other designs without any overlapping. Unfortunately, a straightforward feature for this does not exist in the free version of Canva, but Canva Pro supports it.
Below we have walked you through the processes of pulling it off.
- Make a new design in Canva, choosing the custom size you want.
- Once your design is complete, go to Download.
- Now choose the file type to PNG. This is crucial as file types other than PNG do not have transparent backgrounds.
- Once the file type is selected, select Transparent Background.
- Now hit Download.
How To Use The Design In Canva?
Now that the design is created, you may want to use it in future designs or multiple designs. To do so, you will need to upload it into Canva. Look at the instructions below to accomplish this.
- When you have your new design open, go to Uploads.
- Here you will be presented with an option of uploading files you want to add.
- Select your transparent background design, and upload it.
- This design will stay saved, and you can also use this to add to future designs.
What Other Features Does Canva Pro Offer?
Canva Pro is way ahead of the free Canva app regarding versatility and ease. We have listed a few features the Pro version offers in case you want to consider them.
Instant Animation – Images can be turned into animated videos with the ease of clicking one tool. Images and text can also be animated to make the animated design cohesive, appealing, and attractive to the viewers.
Resizing Designs – We have all made the mistake of choosing the wrong size and only realizing it once the design is complete. Canva Pro lets you resize the design instead of starting from scratch.
More Templates – Canva offers a wide range of templates to choose from as is. Imagine what the Pro version would bring. An array of beautiful templates that are easier to work with are added.
Schedule Posts – You can curate the perfect Instagram story or Facebook post and set it to be uploaded at a given time through Canva Pro.
Premium Videos – It is time to take it to another level by introducing videos to your designs. Canva Pro allows you to
Canva designs must have gotten much more exciting for you now. It is hard to explain the diversity you can add to your designs and logos using the transparency feature. You should try it out to find out!