GIFs are a way to show the world how you feel with an exciting moving image. You might love them so much that you want to make one yourself. However, that task is easier said than done. There are platforms available to assist with the GIF-making process, and one of the best is Affinity Photo. You might wonder – how can you make a GIF in Affinity Photo?
If you’re interested in learning more about how to make a GIf in Affinity Photo with a few simple steps. We’ll go over everything you need to succeed as you take images and turn them into something fun you can send to a friend at the right time. There’s a lot to cover, so let’s get started.
Create A Design
First, it’s time to create a design in Affinity Photo. It’s critical to open a new file with dimensions of 2500 x 2000 px. Once you have this size, you’re ready to get into the details with your GIF.
Here’s what you need to do to create a design for a GIF:
- Import: Add a background and make it large enough to work with in Affinity Photo. Ensure you resize it before the next step.
- Add text: Add text and put it on top of the background. You can add text layer effects to make it stand out against the background.
- Cover the design: Cover up the design with a white square. Ensure every part of the background and text is out of sight.
These will create an excellent background for your GIF.
Once you have your base design, it’s time to move on to the next step. Ensure you have everything in order before you shift to the next portion of the GIF-making process. One missing item can ruin everything.
Work With the First Image
Now that you have the basics for your first image, it’s time to layer with additional pictures. Let’s discuss how you can accomplish this task as you work to make your GIF come to life.
Here’s how you can make multiple images:
- Shift to Pixel Persona: Ensure the top white layer is selected. Switch to Pixel Persona and then paintbrush.
- Erase: Use Pixel Persona to erase the white rectangle on top. You only want to do a little.
- Import: Grab a paintbrush with a similar tip color to the image. Put the tip over the area and save the image.
These are the basics for the first portion of the GIF.
Now that you’ve erased and imported, it’s time to go all-in with the GIF-making process. Let’s work the images further to get closer to that moving image effect. It’s time to add other layers to the mix for the best GIF result.
Work Multiple Images
Now that you have the basics for your first image, it’s time to layer with additional images. Let’s talk about how you can accomplish this task as you work to make your GIF come to life.
Here’s how you can work with multiple images:
- Erase again: Erase another part of the image. Flip the paintbrush to match up with this new area. Save the second image as an identifiable file, such as GIF 2.
- Create more: Repeat the process again and again until the entire image appears and is saved on your device.
- Edit if needed: You can add additional images and edit if needed to meet your goals for the GIF.
You should have everything in line after this point.
Now you have your images and the necessary removals completed. It’s time to layer the effects to make the GIF look as good as possible to observers.
Add Text Effects
Text effects are a critical part of the GIF creation process. Now that you have the images edited and in order, it’s time to work with the words. Let’s discuss the text effect process with your GIF before we move to the final steps.
Here’s how you can add effects:
- Click on the box: Hide the paintbrush layer and click on fx and then layers to get to the correct part of the text to change.
- Pick settings: Select the settings for the text. You can make the words glow or any other effect you might enjoy in your GIF.
Once you have what you need, it’s time to finish the project and save it.
There are many ways to add text effects in Affinity Photo. If you can’t determine the correct settings by yourself. There are plenty of suggested edits online.
Make the GIF
It’s time to complete the process and make the GIF. This section is the most exciting part – you get to see the final product of all your hard work.
Here’s how you can make the GIF:
- Go to a GIF Maker website: Head to Ezgif.com to start the final steps of the creation process.
- Upload: Upload the files for your GIF into the system on the site. It might take a few minutes for everything to upload.
- Make the GIF: Press the button that indicates the creation of a GIF.
- Save: Save the final product to your device for use whenever you want.
Now you have a GIF you can use.
It’s exciting to see the transformation from a single image to GIF. With Affinity Photo, this process is easy.
Use the GIF
Now you have a GIF downloaded to your system, ready to use anywhere you want. You can send it to a friend by email, display your work on your screen, or text it to someone close. You can have lots of fun with this homemade GIF.
It’s okay if you mess up the first time. It might take a little work to perfect the art of forming a GIF through the Affinity Photo platform. Practice makes perfect, and in no time, you will have the ideal result.