Whether you are making gifs for promotional purposes, or want to create something to share on social media, they can be an excellent tool! You can create gifs for people to use in Clip Studio Paint and have them ready to be posted on social media! But how do you use the software to make this specific format? Let’s learn more.
You can use the animation tab and tools in Clip Studio Paint to make a gif. You will need to incorporate the animation folder to create all the frames, and you can also use the timeline tool to decide on the frame rate and total playback time for the gif.
Are you looking to start making gifs? If so, you are looking at the perfect site to get started! We will show you how to make gifs using Clip Studio Paint in just a few steps. So whether you are animating some artwork or trying to go viral on GIPHY, this process is all you need to know!
How To Create Gifs In Clip Studio Paint
If you want to create a gif using Clip Studio Paint, there is a simple method that you can follow. To do so, you will need to keep these steps in mind:
- Open up Clip Studio Paint on your computer.
- Set a canvas that is ideal for your gif file. For example, make sure that DPI is appropriate for sharing on social media and the size is right for what you are looking for.
- Choose the landscape, and then select OK to create your new canvas.
With the basics down, you can start creating a timeline for your animation. Here are the parts of it you need to know.
- To get started, start by going to the Animation tab and choose Timeline.
- Select the ‘New Timeline’ option and wait for the menu to open.
- Select the frame rate and playback time you need in the window.
- Frame rate helps you determine how many frames will move in one second.
- The playback time option tells you how many frames will be within the timeline.
- Press Okay to create your new timeline.
With this process completed, it is time to create an animation folder. This is where you will be able to place your animated frames as you work on them. To create this folder:
- Select the Animation tab, and then choose the New Animation Layer option.
- From here, choose the option ‘Animation Folder.’
- An animation folder will be created.
As you create the frames for your animation, you can add them to this folder. Now, you can create the different frames for the gif, and they will be part of the timeline. Once done with this, you need to clear how they will be displayed within your gif. You can use the play button at the top of the timeline to see how it looks and make adjustments.
Here’s a video of animation with Clip Studio Paint:
Quick Reminders For Making Gifs
When you are making gifs for use on social media, there are a few tips you can keep in mind, especially if you want them to be shareable. Here are some reminders you should consider:
- Consider what kind of gifs are popular; for example, reaction gifs are very popular.
- Use minimal text so the gifs can remain shareable on social media.
- Make sure the fonts can be readable even on smaller screens.
- Avoid using elements that compress poorly, such as gradients.
- Keep the GIF short, so it is smaller in size and more shareable.
With these tips in mind, you can easily create gifs that can stand out and can still be shared on social media sites like Facebook or Instagram.
Sharing Your Gif File
Now that the file is ready, it is time to take a look at how you can share the gif. Remember, it needs to be exported in a way that a browser or social media site can display it. Here is how to save your file:
- Once the gif is ready, go to the File tab, and then choose Export Animation.
- Next select Animated GIF to choose the export settings.
- Here, you can edit the width, height, the frames included, frame rate, and looping.
- Once you are happy with the settings, choose OK to export the file.
Now you know all there is to making gifs or animations on Clip Studio Paint. With a bit of practice, you can easily make shareable gif files on social media! We hope this article was helpful in understanding this fascinating process.