Photoshop does not have a straightforward tool that allows you to make tables. We have all been lost in such a situation. Let us help.
To make a table in Photoshop, make a table in MS word, import the file as a pdf, then export this file into Photoshop. Now copy the table and add it to the design. There are other ways to do it as well.
To learn more about the other methods, continue reading.
Making A Table In Photoshop Through A MS Word File
This is Photoshop’s easiest, most efficient way to add a table. You have to be sure about the table you build in MS Word because it may be difficult to change it later.
Making A Table In Microsoft Word
The first part of the process is to make a table in MS Word. To do so:
- Open a new document in Microsoft Word.
- Select Insert and select table.
- Now choose the number of columns or rows that you want to add.
- Once you are done, go to file> Save as < Pdf.
- Please save the file as a pdf, name it per your choice and select a destination.
Pasting The Table In Photoshop
Now to add the table in Photoshop:
- Open Photoshop and start a new document.
- Drag the Pdf you saved, which had the table in it, to the canvas.
- The pdf will open as a separate document in Photoshop, and you can toggle between the two through the tabs section.
- Go to the table and copy it.
- Come back to the document where the table needs to be added and paste it.
Can An Excel Sheet Be Added To Photoshop?
You may be wondering if other MS files can be added to Photoshop, and the answer is yes! To add an excel sheet:
- Make the Excel Sheet that you wish to add.
- Click Save as in the Excel app and save the document as a pdf.
- Name it and choose an accessible destination.
- Open Photoshop and drag the pdf document into Photoshop.
- Now copy the table and paste it to the document you wish to add it to.
- Align it the way you want to.
Making A Table In Photoshop From Scratch
If you like building things from scratch, you will enjoy this. Follow the instructions below.
- Open the document in Photoshop.
- Click on View, then select Grid. Your canvas will turn into a grid now.
- Select the Rectangle tool.
- Using the Grid as a guide, draw a rectangle the size of the cell you would like.
- Once done, click on View and select Grid again to remove the Grid.
- You will be left with the cells you drew.
- To make more rows and columns, continue copying and pasting the rectangles next to or under each other.
- Once you are done, you can input your data as you wish.
- Save your file in the format you prefer.
Making A Table In Photoshop From Scratch The Other Way
There is one more way to make tables from scratch. You can pick which one works best for you.
- Open Photoshop and open your document.
- Click View, and then select Grid.
- Now choose the rectangle tool and draw a rectangle as big as the table you want. Make sure that while drawing, you follow the Grid for guidelines.
- Once the rectangle is made, choose the Pen Tool.
- With the Pen Tool, follow the Grid within the boundaries of the rectangle and draw the lines on top of the Grid.
- The table should be made. If you are satisfied with it, go to View > Grid and turn the Grid off.
- Your table is ready, and you can make the edits you desire.
How To Add Rows In A Table In Photoshop?
In both methods of drawing a table mentioned above, you would have to introduce new rectangles into the preexisting table. To do so:
- Go to View and then choose Grid again.
- Now select the rectangle tool and draw a rectangle that is the size of one row.
- When you are done, choose the Pen Tool and add the lines for the column, following the Grid.
- You are now done.
How To Add Columns In A Table In Photoshop?
This one is tricky because we have been working with rows for a while now. To add columns:
- Go to View and choose Grid.
- Now select the Rectangle tool and draw a rectangle. Make sure the width of it is as much as one cell, and the height is as much as one column.
- When done, select the Pen Tool and draw the lines following the Grid.
- The lines will make the rows.
How To Import Data Into A Table In Photoshop?
Unfortunately, importing a data set into Photoshop is not easy. Photoshop does not allow that ease. A way around this is to create your data set in Excel and import the excel sheet into a document on Photoshop. We have gone over this in detail above.
Photoshop may have prevented you from having a table at the ease of a click, but that is what we are here to help you out with. We prefer the method of importing an MS Word file into Photoshop because it is the easiest way to get the job done. You can try your hand at all the methods.