In Photoshop, using triangles is a terrific method to build more intricate designs. Understanding how to create a triangle in Photoshop is initially not as clear. That is, until you realize how simple it is to construct a triangle from scratch.
To make a triangle in Photoshop, there are a few tools that you can use. These include the triangle tool, the polygon tool, and finally, the pen tool. All you need to do is select the tool you’d like to work with and specify some parameters.
This tutorial will show you how to create a triangle in Photoshop. Keep reading below to learn more!
What Is A Triangle?
An object in space with three consecutive sides and three angles is called a triangle. The shape of a triangle has the fewest sides of any polygon (3 sides). It is among the fundamental geometric forms. A triangle’s three angles are always divisible by 180 degrees.
Triangles may be divided into six primary categories based on their sides and angles:
- Equilateral Triangle = 3 equal sides
- Isosceles Triangle = 2 equal sides
- Scalene Triangle = no equal sides
- Acute Triangle = 3 angles < 90 degrees
- Right Triangle = an angle of 90 degrees
Making a Triangle in Photoshop
You can make a triangle in Photoshop following the instructions in this section.
For more information on how to create a triangle in Photoshop, watch this video below:
Using The Triangle Tool
The easiest way to create a triangle in Photoshop may be used when you have no prior experience with the application.
- You only need to select the Triangle tool from the toolbar on the left to use this method.
- If the triangle icon is missing and you only see a rectangle, just right-click the Shape tool and select the appropriate choice. The U key may be used to do the same thing.
Using Polygon Tool
The Polygon tool, which is likewise located to the left of the main canvas, may also be used to create triangles in Photoshop.
- Just click on the Polygon option after selecting the Shape tool.
- The subsequent phase in this is choosing the appropriate angle value, which is 3.
- To achieve this, move the slider until you get to the number 3 on the slider which will display to the right of the workspace.
Using Pen Tool
It’s not surprising that you can make a triangle in Photoshop using the program’s traditional Pen tool since you’re using the best drawing service offered. Adding a fresh shape layer may achieve that objective.
- To do this, locate the Pen tool on the toolset panel by looking there or using the P key.
- After that, you must draw three pieces and join them to form a triangle.
- To create an equilateral triangle, drag the mouse whilst holding down the Shift key.
- In addition, you have the choice to activate the Equilateral and From Center settings if necessary, select the canvas, and directly input the Width, Height, and Corner Radius specifications.
Add The Desired Look To The Triangle
After learning the fundamentals of creating a triangle in Photoshop, you may modify or improve your work using a variety of effects. The simplest adjustments you can make in this design application are to smooth out the corners or give your shape more strokes.
The right-side panel contains information on stroke effects. With Photoshop, you may change the line width and choose the roundness radius, shown in a different window and expressed in pixels. You may also add more intricate creative effects or fill the triangle with color.
How To Make A Triangle Out Of A Picture?
Typically, cropping involves removing a square or rectangle from an image. The Crop Tool makes this simple to accomplish. What happens if you wish to crop a photo into something other than a rectangle?
- Create the desired shape before cropping the picture into it, whether it be a circle, triangle, or any other shape.
- Make a triangle using the previous instruction on how to do so. Create a triangle with curved edges, then fill it with any color.
- Then add the image you wish to crop as a layer to Photoshop just over the triangle layer.
- Create Clipping Mask may be selected with a right-click on the picture layer.
Done! Your image has now been cropped into a triangle. Now the triangle will serve as a mask.
And there you are. In this article, we learned how to use the different tools on Photoshop to create a triangle and crop a picture so that the shape turns into that of a triangle. We hope the instructions in this article prove helpful.