Have you ever wanted to watermark your work? Well, Picmonkey is a free online software that allows you to do just that. You can easily watermark your work in no time. So, how do you make a watermark in Picmonkey?
To create a watermark in Picmonkey, you must first launch the editor. Next, set a transparent background, overlay your logo, add text, and crop the background. Lastly, apply a semi-opaque background and you’re done with your logo.
Keep reading below as we take you through all these steps in more detail.
How To Create A Watermark In Picmonkey
Follow the steps below to create a watermark in Picmonkey.
For more information on how to create a watermark in Picmonkey, watch this video below:
Step 1: Launch The Picmonkey Editor
- Visit PicMonkey and click the Design button at the top. Square should be sufficient for the specifications.
- As an alternative, you may access the editor quickly by bookmarking https://www.picmonkey.com/#edit.
Step 2: Setting A Translucent Background
- You should be able to change the background color in the default view.
- Check the Transparent canvas option for your needs. A grid made of white and gray squares should now cover the primary workspace. This is the typical visual indicator of transparency.
- Scroll down to the Canvas Color item in that column and click on it in case you are unable to get this view.
Step 3: Place Your Logo On Top
- Click the Add your own button under the Overlay section, which is symbolized by the butterfly inside the left column. Your logo will now be placed onto the canvas when you pick it in the file dialogue that will open.
Step 4: Text Addition
- By utilizing the Text section, denoted by the Tt in the left column, you may now write text for the watermark. The logo may need to be resized appropriately through corner handles (they won’t be seen in the finished product), and it can also be moved by clicking and dragging in the logo’s center.
Step 5: Change the Size of Your Watermark
- Click on “Crop” under the Basic Edits heading, which is the second icon inside the left column. The gray tint on your canvas will now have gray corner knobs and a transparent box in the center.
- To make the border about the size of the text, click and drag the corner knobs. Give the sides some breathing room. The canvas will immediately take on the chosen size after clicking Apply.
Step 6: Use A Translucent Backdrop
You can essentially stop there, but you may add a semi-opaque backdrop behind the logo to make sure your identity is apparent on a range of photos.
- Look for Geometric after clicking on Overlays once again (the butterfly).
- You will see a list of black patterns when you select it. Simply click the rectangle.
- Click the box next to Color 2, the backdrop color, in the settings window, and then select white.
- Enter ffffff (6 f’s) in the text field to create a shortcut.
- Use the white rectangle’s corner knobs to adjust it so that it now exceeds the size of the watermark. You may no longer see your logo, but it’s alright as long as you can’t view any gray or white grid.
- Utilize the zoom slider at the bottom to zoom out if your workspace is a bit confined so you have room to move the knobs.
- Then choose Send to Back by doing a right-click on the rectangle. Your company’s logo ought to be back in view.
- Drag the fade bar in the settings window to reveal some of the backdrop.
- Although 50% is a reasonable value, you may change it to your preference. Now a lighter gray and white grid ought to appear in the white rectangle.
Step 7: Save Your Watermark
- The save button is located at the top. Click Save to my computer after giving your watermark a title and ensuring sure the file is a .png.
The watermark is finished. You may save this picture to your desktop and use it on as many of your photos as you like.
It’s important to watermark your work to make sure that nobody uses it in a way that it was not intended. However, it can be a bit tricky using other software to make watermarks. In comes Picmonkey, and you can easily create a watermark that fits your specific needs in no time. We hope the steps listed in this article are simple to understand and will prove helpful to many.